Why I love Treehouse
Making lunch with no cartoons on:
-give them a pb sandwich to tide them over while I make it
-they start to fight
-I turn the corner to see what's going on - peanut butter smeared into the couch
-give them a wet cloth to wipe it up
-they wipe it, then start wiping other things. Peanut butter is now on the wall and T's hair.
-Portland wakes up from the yells of the fight, I go upstairs to get her
-change her diaper
-bring her downstairs
-the kids have brought out the bag of flour and are throwing handfulls of it at each others feet
-I put the flour away, tell them to go play with their toys
-Tehilah immediately falls on the floor crying because she can't find her Thomas book
-I go try to find it, can't...she is still crying
-Ben plays quietly throwing his cars off the table, Tehilah thinks this is funny
-Portland starts crying to be fed
-serve undercooked noodles with canned peas and tomatoes.
Making lunch with cartoons on:
-hold Portland in one hand
-give them a pb sandwich to hold them over while I make it
*silence*
-possibly finish my coffee
-serve a lunch that even I am excited to eat
-possibly eat it
So, yeah..
Treehouse has been giving mothers a break for years now. Your description could very well have described my house ten or so years ago!
ReplyDelete